“CourtWorks,” “we”, “us” or “Company” refers to Court Works LLC, a Michigan limited liability company in this document.
Types of Information Collected
How we collect General Information
We or our third party service providers automatically collect certain information when you access and use the Site and/or Services. For example, and as further described below, we may collect such information through cookies, analytic programs, log files, web beacons, pixel tags, Flash LSO, server logs, case management systems, grant management system, customer relationship management tools or other technologies that gather information automatically when you visit our Site or view online advertisements. We may combine the Personal Information we collect from you with information we receive from and about you from other online and offline sources, such as from public databases, data append or enhancement services, social media platforms, people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media and other third parties, however, such combined information will be de-identified and aggregated and is treated as General Information.
If you do not want information collected through cookies, a simple procedure in most browsers allows you to automatically decline cookies or to be given the choice of declining or accepting cookies from a particular site. You may also refer to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html. If, however, you do not accept these cookies, you may experience inconvenience in your use of the Site. For example, we may not recognize your computer, and you may need to log in every time you visit.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used with the Site to track the actions of users (including email recipients), measure the success of our and the marketing campaigns you use through our Sites and Services and compile statistics about use.
- Using Adobe Flash technology, including Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”), and other similar technologies: We may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to collect and store information about your use of the Site. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with our online content.
- IP Address: Your IP address is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Site, with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications, and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the Site, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
- Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device by using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content.
How we use General Information
We may use General Information for any lawful purpose including for data analysis, and developing and improving our Site, Services and related marketing campaigns.
How we collect Personal Information
We or our third party service providers collect Personal Information when you provide it to us.
How we use Personal Information
We may collect Personal Information from you or the individuals who use our Sites and Services as your representative, agent or employee including for example:
- Account login information
- Credit card information
- Information about your patrons, customers, and clientele
- Your name
- Your gender
- Your birthdate
- Your phone number
- Your education and professional credentials
- Your social network profile and image
- Your activity using the Site and/or a Service
How We Use and Share Personal Information
We use Personal Information collected through our Site for the following reasons:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests
- To complete your purchases
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Site and changes to our terms, conditions and policies
- To send you marketing communications we believe may interest you
- To personalize your experience on the Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you
- To facilitate social sharing functionality
- To allow you to send messages to connections through the Site
- For our business, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products and services, enhancing, improving or modifying the Site, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities
We may share your Personal Information with:
- Anyone to whom you send messages through the Site including on social media, message boards, chats, profile pages, blogs and other services to which you can post information and materials. By logging on to your account with one or more of your social media accounts or otherwise linking your account and your social media account, you authorize CourtWorks to share information to provide you with the services provided through the Site.
- Third parties including our affiliates, vendors, and partners.
We may also use or disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue remedies or limit the damages we may sustain.
Managing and Controlling Your Information
If you wish to see any of the Personal Information we have collected from you, you can contact us at email@example.com and we will endeavor to provide you with reasonable access, subject to security and other protective measures; provided that we may not provide you with such access if the burden or expense of doing so is disproportionate to the associated privacy risks of you or a third party. We will try to comply with your request when reasonably practicable. You may self-manage your account information and privacy settings including correcting or amending the Personal Information you have provided to us through your account. If you are under 18, reside in California and have a registered account, you may request the removal of information you posted to your account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may remove your posts yourself simply by deleting them.
If you would like to opt out of having your information shared with our affiliates and/or any third parties for them to contact you for their own direct marketing purposes, from the email address you used to register, email to us at email@example.com with “OPT-OUT” in the subject line and instructions in the body of the email.
Interest-Based Advertising and Analytics
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may interest you when you access and use the Site or Services and other websites, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Site or Services and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through pixel tags). If you would like more information about this practice and to learn about your choices for these practices, please visit http://networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and http://www.aboutads.info/.
How We Protect Personal Information
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. However, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and you recognize there is a certain inherent risk in using the internet and in providing and receiving services using the internet. CourtWorks assumes no responsibility for the security of this Site or any data transmitted using the Site. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use by Children
This Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and these individuals are not eligible to use the CourtWorks Services. No one under the age of 13 should provide Personal Information to us.
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Site, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
Updates and How to Contact Us If You Have Further Questions